This Privacy Notice explains how we at a Millmoor Farm Cheshire use any personal information we collect about you.
What information we we collect about you
When you make a booking with us we collect the names of all the guests who will be staying, the Home address, email address and telephone number of the person making the booking. We also collect a debit or credit card number to take the deposit for £100 this information is taken by a third party secure payment system or you can choose to pay us direct by BACS.
How we use the information we hold on you
We use your home address as part of the card payment processing to validate the card.
We will use your email address to send you confirmation of the booking and an email with more details on how to find us and other information you may find useful for your stay. After your stay you will receive an automatic email from our booking system checking everything was ok with your stay and offering you ways to stay in contact with us by social media or email if you choose to do so.
We will not use your telephone number to contact you unless it for an emergency and/or we have been unable to contact you by email.
How is your data stored
All of the personal and debit/credit card data you supply us, as part of the booking process, is stored securely on a third party system, Supercontrol. Neither we nor Supercontrol will share your information with any third party unless there is a legal reason for doing so.
We would like to stay in touch with you to send information about Millmoor Farm, any special offers we may have or local events. We send occasional emails (normally no more than one a month) to people on our distribution list. The distribution list is managed by a secure third party, Mailchimp.
If you would like to receive these newsletters please sign up you may change your preferences or unsubscribe via Mailchimp at any time.
Neither we nor Mailchimp will pass your details onto any third party
Access to your information
Pets - Dog Policy
Guests in Dairyman's Cottage, the Miller's House and the Carter's Lodge are welcome to bring their dogs to Millmoor Farm, but to ensure their safety and the safety of others, we ask the following -
- All dogs must be house-trained, and must be kept off furniture and beds. They must be well-behaved and friendly towards other dogs and people.
- While on our farm - all dogs must be kept on a lead in the farmyard and garden areas. Leads can be removed outside of these areas, but only if there are no animals in the field.
(Please note that some other farmers in the area insist that dogs are on a lead all the time they are on their land, and we ask that you respect their wishes.)
- Owners must bring everything they need for their dogs, including food, food bowls and bedding.
- A small charge of £2.00 per dog per day is made and we allow no more than 2 dogs at any one time in Dairyman's Cottage and Miller's House.
- Dogs must not be left alone in the cottages at any time unless they are in a cage.
Other pets - other pets can be brought with you by arrangement only at the time of booking.
Sorry - no pets can be brought by guests staying in Farmhouse Wing, Drovers Barn or Corn Store.
We hope that you will have a trouble-free stay with us, but we have full details of local doctors, dentists and opticians should you need any help.
Food & Groceries
You can buy a selection of top-quality local foods at the farm - just come up to the farmhouse. If no-one is around in the farmhouse, just help yourself and leave the money in the honesty box.
There is a convenience store in No Mans Heath, and a good range of shops in Malpas, a couple of which stay open until 10pm (22.00h).
Whitchurch (5 miles) is the nearest place with larger supermarkets.
There are garages in Malpas and at Grindley Brook (3 miles away). These are open to around 7pm.
We can arrange local taxis for you - please give us reasonable advance notice.
There are post offices in No Mans Heath and Malpas.
Places to Eat
We are always happy to suggest a place to eat - we have an up-to-date folder that you can borrow with details.
Here is a selection of places:
- The Wheatsheaf Inn, No Mans Heath - under a mile from the farm. A traditional English country pub, with great home-cooked food and a good selection of draught beers.
- Cholmondeley Arms, Cholmondeley - excellent gastropub using local produce
- Willeymoor Lock Tavern, Willeymoor, Whitchurch - lovely canalside pub serving good food with good beers.
- The Dusty Miller, offers a relaxed and friendly atmosphere within a period building dating to the mid eighteenth century. Originally a Corn Mill, converted in the mid 1970's a lot of the original features are retained.
Malpas has cafés, pubs, restaurants and a fish & chip shop. Whitchurch has several good restaurants and takeaways.
Chester offers a complete range of cuisines and prices. Try the Onion Ring - Cheshire's own restaurant finder.